Monday, September 21, 2009

Getting fatter!

I went for my 31 week 3d ultrasound today - oh my goodness! These babies are getting BIG. The normal weight for a single baby in the womb at 31 weeks is around 3 lbs. My babies are each 3 lbs. 2 oz! WOW! The doctor was very happy to see them at that size and we don't have to go back for 4 weeks. My mom came with me this time and got to see how neat their technology is. Baby A & Baby B switched places so Baby A is now on my left side and Baby B is on my right side. Baby A is head down and Baby B is sort of on her side. Their limbs are all entangled as it is getting tighter in there. Baby B was much more photogenic and Baby A was covering her face with her hands. Baby B's mouth was moving the entire time the doctor was doing the ultrasound and was being dramatic with her little kicks and punches (just like her mommy) and Baby A was calm, quiet and shy (like her daddy). We're glad the girls are doing great and gaining enough weight to make the doctor happy. Hopefully they will stay inside for at least 4 more weeks!

Baby A - the one on the left - She was being shy, so this is the side of her head - her face was turned away from the camera.



Baby B on the right side - she took a break from moving her little mouth to pose for this photo. That is her umbilical cord in front of her face.

No comments: